In this blog post, we published about 15 Drawings of Leonardo DiCaprio. Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the most famous actors in Hollywood today.
He has starred in many movies including Titanic, Gangster Squad, Django Unchained, Catch Me If You Can, Shutter Island, Blood Diamond, Inception, The Aviator, The Departed, Revolutionary Road, The Great Gatsby, The Wolf Of Wall Street, The Revenant, The Martian, The Beach Bum, Once Upon A Time In America, The Departed II, and others.
Pencil Drawing of Leonardo Dicaprio
Charcoal Drawings of Leonardo Dicaprio on White Canvas
Drawing of Young Leonardo Dicaprio on White Paper
About Leonardo DiCaprio
Born on March 31st, 1974, Leonardo DiCaprio was born to a middle-class family in New York City, United States. His father, Vittorio Di Caprio, was an Italian immigrant who worked as a bartender at the time. His mother, Doria Belanger, was American. He has two brothers named Camillo and Matteo.
DiCaprio attended Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan, where he played football for three years. After graduating from high school, he moved to Los Angeles with his parents. There, he studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse.
DiCaprio made his first appearance on television in the short-lived series, The Days of Our Lives (1995). He also appeared in several episodes of the sitcom Friends. He had a small role in the 1996 film Romeo + Juliet. In the 1997 comedy What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?. This led to roles in other films such as The Basketball Diaries, which earned him a nomination for Best Supporting Actor at the 1998 Independent Spirit Awards.
- In 1999, DiCaprio won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in The Devil’s Own. He followed it up by winning the Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama for his portrayal of Howard Hughes in The Aviator.
- In 2000, he portrayed Tom Ripley in the crime thriller The Talented Mr. Ripley. It was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Picture. That same year, he received another Oscar nomination for playing the title character in Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel, The Great Gatsbys.
- In 2001, DiCaprio starred in Martin Scorsese’s gangster epic, Gangs of New York. He received critical acclaim for his performance as mob boss Frank “The Irishman” Sheeran. The following year, he played the lead role in Clint Eastwood’s biopic, Mystic River. He received nominations for both the Golden Globes and the Oscars for his work in that movie.
- In 2003, DiCaprio starred alongside Cate Blanchett in the drama, The Aviator: Part I. The film was based on the true story of Howard Hughes’ life. It was released in 2004 and became a box-office success. The next year, he co-starred in the romantic comedy, Something’s Gotta Give.
- In 2005, DiCaprio starred opposite Kate Winslet in the historical drama, Revolutionary Road. The film tells the story of a young couple, living in 1950s suburbia, who are forced to make a difficult decision when their marriage begins to crumble. The film received positive reviews from critics and was nominated for six Academy Awards, including Best Director for Sam Mendes.
- In 2006, DiCaprio starred as Jay Gatsby in Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerard’s classic novel, The Great Gatzby’s. The film was met with mixed reviews but grossed over $400 million worldwide.
- In 2007, DiCaprio starred with Jennifer Lopez in the musical comedy, The Wedding Singer. The film was a commercial success and grossed over $200 million worldwide.
- In 2008, DiCaprio starred along with Tobey Maguire in the fantasy adventure, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. The film was a box office hit and grossed over $500 million worldwide.
- In 2010, DiCaprio starred again with Maguire in the action/adventure film, The Wolfman. The film was a financial failure and only grossed $50 million worldwide.
- DiCaprio has been married twice. His first wife was actress Toni Collette. They were together from 1994 until 2002. Their son, Leonardo Jr., was born in 1995. They divorced in 2002.
- His second wife is model Bar Refaeli. They got engaged in December 2009 and married on July 4, 2011. On May 19, 2012, they welcomed their first child, a daughter named Emme.
- On August 31, 2013, DiCaprio announced that he had been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). He underwent chemotherapy treatment at UCLA Medical Center.