Pumpkin Drawing – Cute, Easy and Halloween Styles
Pumpkin Drawing Outline Drawings
Pumpkin Other Variuos Drawing Pictures
There are so many different ways to draw a pumpkin. This article will show you how to draw a simple pumpkin drawing with a few easy steps:-
- Draw the outline of the pumpkin. Start by drawing an oval for the top of the pumpkin, and then add a curved line underneath the stem.
- Next, draw the outline of the pumpkin’s face. Start by drawing a curved line at the top of the oval for the eyebrow, and then add two lines intersecting at the center for the nose. Finally, draw two circles for the eyes.
- Now, it is time to add details to the pumpkin’s face. First, draw a line under the nose for the mouth, and then add two more lines on both sides of the face to create folds in the skin.
- Erase all extra pencil marks from your pumpkin drawing, and you are done! You now have a great-looking fall decoration for your home.
This simple pumpkin drawing tutorial is a great way to draw pumpkins. Once you get the hang of it, you can start adding in more details and create all sorts of different pumpkin drawings. Have fun!
Easy Pumpkin Drawing Ideas
- Decorate a pumpkin with a face instead of drawing one from scratch.
- Draw a detailed pumpkin face with lots of sharp features.
- Draw an abstract fall pattern on a pumpkin.
- Draw a scary-looking jack-o-lantern for Halloween.
Feel free to post your drawings in the comments! I always enjoy seeing new and different pumpkin drawings. Happy Drawing!
Pumpkin Cartoon Drawing
Halloween Pumpkin Drawing
What is Halloween Pumpkin Drawing?
Halloween pumpkin drawing is creating a design on the surface of a pumpkin, usually through cutting. The pattern can be drawn freehand while relying on the natural contours and orientation of the vegetable or traced onto the skin with string first (as in silhouette cutting ). It can also be produced by carving into an uncut pumpkin.
The term “pumpkin carving” usually refers to creating a three-dimensional sculpture carved from a pumpkin but can also be used to describe the simple act of drawing a face on a pumpkin. To create a more complex design, one can remove the pulp and seeds from the inside of the pumpkin and then proceed to cut out designs. Less complex depictions show a pumpkin with leaves and vines glued onto it or a paper face taped to the surface.
What is the history of the Halloween pumpkin drawing?
The custom of pumpkin carving began over 2,000 years ago in Ireland. The carved pumpkins were initially used as lanterns to guide people home on Samhain, the night before All Hallows Day. The practice of carving Jack-o’-lanterns (pumpkins used as lanterns) continued in Ireland and Great Britain over the following centuries, spreading to North America with immigrants. Since the 19th century, Jack-o’-lanterns were made by carving scary faces into turnips or potatoes. The traditions of Halloween pumpkin drawing have evolved throughout time because it started in Ireland.
What are the best materials for Halloween pumpkin drawing?
There is no limit to the materials used in carving pumpkins, but the most popular are simple tools like knives, pens, and other sharp objects. More complex designs may require saws, hammers, and other tools to remove the pumpkin’s innards. Some carvers use X-ACTO knives, scalpels, and small precision knives to carve intricate designs. Pumpkin saws and scoops are also available for purchase, as well as templates that can be traced onto the pumpkin’s surface.
Pencil Drawing of Pumpkin for kids
If you want to draw a pencil sketch of a pumpkin, there are some easy steps that you can follow. All it takes is some drawing paper and a good quality HB-grade pencil like the Prismacolor Scholar Colored Pencils.
- Draw an oval for your pumpkin’s body. Make the oval slightly taller towards the top.
- Draw a small triangle at the top of the oval for the pumpkin’s stem.
- Next, draw two intersecting lines across the oval to create the face of your pumpkin.
- Now comes the fun part – adding details! Start by drawing a curved line under the nose for the mouth, and then add two more lines on both sides of the face to create folds in the skin. Draw a curved line at the top of the oval for the eyebrow, and then add two lines intersecting at the center for the nose.
- Finally, erase all extra pencil marks from your pumpkin drawing, and you are done! You now have a great-looking sketch of a pumpkin to frame and keep.
These articles are great for young artists who want to draw pumpkins. Even if you are learning, there is no need to start with a complicated drawing of a pumpkin. All you need is some good quality paper and an HB-grade pencil like the Prisma color Scholar Colored Pencils.